Terms and conditions
The terms “Letterform Design” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website who is the owner of all content, text, graphics and illustrative works unless specified otherwise and whose registered office is Letterform Design, Highline, Hosmers Field, Rotherfield, East Sussex TN6 3JD. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we or any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable and all liability on our part is excluded. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements. In particular we shall not be liable if agreed client deadlines are not met or if the commissioned work is rejected or cancelled or if there is any accidental loss or damage to any material goods entrusted to us or any loss of commissioned work due to human or computer failure.
- This website contains material which is owned or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction, copying, alteration, modification and downloading is prohibited other than in accordance with any copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions. You must not transmit or store any of this material for your own use without permission.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on this website.
- Unauthorised use of this website will create a claim for damages by us and/or, may be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use is subject to the laws of England and Wales and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts with regard to any such dispute.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- All client communication and client work for each project is regarded as strictly confidential and contact will be maintained during all work in hand. The cost, timings for completion of projects are normally agreed before of commencement of work, once a Purchase Order for the proposed commission has been obtained. Every effort will be made to adhere to such timings, but computers are not infallable, in such cases allowances must be accepted. If this does occur the client will be notified immediately.
- If work is cancelled in progress, the client will pay for work completed to date. Any further work additional to the original brief will be charged at a negotiable rate relative to the original agreed fee.
- In the unlikely event that a client rejects the final artwork, a rejection fee will be agreed that applies only to the artwork fee. Ownership of all work and all title to goods will remain with us until full payment is made.
Under the Copyright Design and Patents Act 1988, designs for artwork, typefaces or letter styles benefit from copyright protection as artistic works. All clients selling or passing on artwork to a third party for any benefit, other than its original proposed usage, must inform and obtain our written permission by way of licence and a buyout or usage fee agreed. Intellectual property remains with us until otherwise full agreed and paid for. We will always retain some rights in the work unless otherwise agreed.
We will not be involved knowingly on any work for competing clients pitching for the same business at the same time. No restriction to the undertaking of work for either client once all pitching competition has been concluded.
Clients are respectfully requested to pay the invoices within 30 days from date of invoice. Queries relating to any invoice should be made within 7 working days from date of invoice. Interest will be charged on any amount outstanding after 30 days from date of invoice in accordance with The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.